Updated Thu, Oct 23, 2014 @ 02:00 PM
Originally Published Thu, Oct 23, 2014 @ 02:00 PM
Biosearch Technologies has launched qPCRdesign.com, a new microsite targeted specifically for your quantitative PCR needs. In the qPCR Design lab, users can design, analyze, experiment, and play with a variety of interactive tools at their disposal. This is an excellent resource for both new and seasoned qPCR users to access information, advice, or the tools to quickly perform calculations and begin performing assays in no time!
qPCR Design lab contains six different
areas to explore:
- qPCR & BHQ: Provides users with background information on qPCR, focusing on the functionality of Biosearch’s proprietary Black Hole QuencherⓇ (BHQⓇ) dye series, which have become the industry standard dark quencher for dual-labeled probes.
- Oligo Toolbox: Here, users can find all the tools they need to perform their PCR experiment, saving time and hassle. The toolbox includes five calculators and a spectral chart intended to make the ordering process easier and simplify calculations.
- OligoSpecTM Calculator: Intended for use with any oligonucleotide, allowing users to input their sequence along with any 3’, 5’, or internal modifications. It then calculates various properties of the entered oligo, including the extinction coefficient and molecular weight.
- qPCR Reaction Estimator: Calculate how many reactions can potentially be performed with a given amount of oligo, by simply entering some basic information about your reaction conditions.
- Oligo Resuspension Calculator: Determines the volume of diluent necessary to create the desired concentration of oligo stock solution prior to aliquoting.
- Oligo Concentration Calculator: Gauge the concentration of your oligo from the OD260 reading and extinction coefficient (that can also be determined using OligoSpec Calculator).
- Oligo Dilution Calculator: Determine how much oligo needs to go into your master mix, given reaction conditions.
- Spectral Overlay Tool for Multiplexed qPCR: This tool allows users to select the appropriate dyes for their specific qPCR instrument and shows which quenchers are recommended for the selected dyes, making the design of multiplex assays much simpler.
- Design: Access Biosearch Technologies’ RealTimeDesign™ Software, which provides users with probe and primer designs for their target amplicon. Our complimentary design package allows for the design of Multiplex qPCR assays for gene expression and SNP genotyping applications.
- Library: Avoid spending hours looking for articles through databases, and jump straight to all the information needed for a solid background in qPCR. This page hosts a number of scholarly articles detailing qPCR, as well as product information and protocols for Biosearch products.
- Videos: If you’re more of a visual learner, then this page is for you. Here you can find animations on the mechanics of probe hybridization, informational webinars for applications and design, and even a video detailing the history of PCR.
- Fun: Take a break! Here is where you will find our qPCR CrushTM game. See how many amplicons you can get in a minute. The top 10 scorers each month will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win Biosearch prizes. While you’re there, you can also access our blog and catch up on the latest qPCR news.
Be sure to check out the website for you qPCR needs, or just stop by in between runs and play some qPCR Crush. If you have any feedback or suggestions for the site, please contact qPCRdesign@biosearchtech.com.